Are you guys in search of advanced and latest featured and best vocal mics under 500 dollars?
If yes, then search no further. This article will enlist all those durable, reliable, efficient, and best vocal mics having a price under 500 dollars.
vocalists often prefer to use high-quality microphones, so that they can avoid unnecessary distractions such as background noise, Mic sensitivity, High pitching sounds etc.
- List Of High-Quality Vocal Mics Under $500
- 1. Shure SM7B Dynamic Microphone
- 2. Rode NT1-A Microphone
- 3. Shure SM58 | Best Vocal Studio Microphone
- 4. Audio Technica AT2021 Microphone
- 5. Lewitt LCT 440 Condenser Microphone
- 6. AKG C214 Microphone
- 7. AKG Perception 420 Microphone
- 8. Shure SM81 – LC Microphone
- 9. Antlion Audio Mod Microphone
- 10. Avantone CV-12 Microphone
- Key Points for the selection of Quality Mics under $500
- FINAL WORDS
List Of High-Quality Vocal Mics Under $500
Shure SM7B Microphone
||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Rode NT1-A Microphone
||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Shure SM58 Microphone
||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Check Other Budget Microphones
1. Shure SM7B Dynamic Microphone
The SM7B dynamic mic has a flat and levelled, wideband reappearance reaction reasonable for music and conversation in all specialist sound applications.
It has an extraordinary defence adjacent to electromagnetic whisper produced by PC screens, and extra electrical products. The SM7B has been refreshed from past models with an improved stand plan that gives more great dependability.
Notwithstanding your standard windshield, it likewise incorporates the A7WS windshield for close discussion applications. Famous radio and TV amplifiers offer astounding assurance against electromagnetic wheezing.
No additional mounting section. Impedance: 150 ohms for association with amplifier contributions from 19 to 300 ohms.
Shure SM7B is one of the most famous mics ever used. This outstanding mic is used for multiple purposes like podcasts, talk shows, radio stations, and music.
It comes with a combination of all the best characteristics, and its price is also according to your pocket. Some of its essential features are enlisting as below;
Features of Shure SM7B Microphone
- Shure SM7B encompasses an admired dynamic broadcast microphone that is used in many recording applications.
- Its frequency response ranges from 50 Hz – 20 kHz.
- Has Wide-range for extremely clean and natural imitation of mutual music and speech.
- This mic has a Cardioid polar pattern so that it can handle any task given to it.
- Comes with a 200ohms impedance.
2. Rode NT1-A Microphone
This fantastic mic has an incredibly vibrant range that will captivate all from screaming
Cymbals to a vocal breath even ten feet away. Because of its colossal quality and uncommon group, this mic is worth each penny.
Besides, this mic highlights an absolutely new case that is overhauled for the NT1 alongside a caution midrange as a primary concern, hence making it dominatingly reasonable for vocals.
Furthermore, this mic accompanies a guarantee for a very long time.
The Rode NT1 increases current standards for spending amplifiers. The NT1 will leave you pondering, “by what means can Rode convey an amplifier that sounds so useful for so minimal expenditure”?
The RODE NT1 was the champ of the 2004 Electronic song Editor’s Choice honour and the world’s calmest studio condenser mouthpiece.
This overhauled rendition of the exemplary NT1 from RODE has just five dBA of self-clamour. RODE microphones continue to gain strength on the world stage and have become the go-to microphone for various industries.
RODE uses the newest technology and accuracy machinery to carry on maintaining its products with world-class value and at an outstanding price.
Features of Rode NT1-A Microphone
- Rode NT1 possesses the desired budget, a condenser that will provide you with the best music experience.
- The frequency of NT1 is almost exclusively flat, kept for a caring boost of about 4 kHz.
- Rode’s NT1 can grip a whopping 132 dB SPL.
- Its frequency response ranges from 20 Hz – 20 kHz.
- This sturdy mic features a cardioid polar pattern and can be used for all vocal and guitar tracks, thus making us.
- Comes with 150 to 200 ohms impedance.
3. Shure SM58 | Best Vocal Studio Microphone
Shure mics speak for themselves. Their reliability and efficient working is the foremost thing which makes them unique. Shure SM58-C is one of the best mics of the Shure Brand, which enables its users to use them at different locations for different purposes.
The Shure SM58-C microphone usually comes with a zip bag and a microphone set adapter that can work with any ordinary microphone stand.
It is a studio microphone and is indeed the gold standard in stability and reliability. It is an immense voiced mic that does not cover to charge extra than $500.
We can now get this fantastic mic to fulfil our requirements, but one worse thing about this mic is that it is not designed with an XLR wire when you find it, so you have to make certain you must have one.
The Shure SM58 Dynamic Vocal Microphone offers a carefully tuned occurrence boost to around 4000Hz for smooth, silky lyrics that stand out in the blend.
Long allied with unmatched noise and unmatched consistency, the Shure SM58 Dynamic voiced Microphone is broadly regarded as the world’s most popular microphone.
Intended for proficient vocal use in sound fortification and studio recording, the Shure SM58 dynamic vocal amplifier utilizes a profoundly productive inherent round channel that limits wind and impact clamour.
Simultaneously, the cardioid pickup design segregates the Sound source. Fundamental and limits undesirable foundation commotion.
Features Shure SM58 Microphone
- Shure SM58-C mic has a Dynamic Microphone, a condenser that helps it to produce vibrant sound.
- Cardioid Polar Pattern, which enables it to become an efficient worker.
- 50 Hz – 15 kHz frequency response and an impedance of 150-300 ohms.
- Equipped with a zippered storage bag and a tear-resistant holder.
4. Audio Technica AT2021 Microphone
In the list of best vocal mics, Audio Technica AT2021 is compulsory to mention. This mic has been widely used since the late ’90s. It is equipped with a particular R5-type case with a massive capsule inside it. AT2021 is designed with two switches and has many integrated controls.
Its first switch is low-frequency attenuation (high pass filter), while the second switch has a frequency of 10 dB to mute the key signal without making any changes to the audio interface.
Audio-Technica’s strict values for consistency, steadfastness and value bring professional performance to this awfully affordable line of home/project studio microphones.
Perfect for home studios and live applications, the low plan AT2021 offers comprehensive frequency response, high utmost SPL, and full dynamics level.
The microphone is excellent for acoustic guitar, headphones, piano, and group vocals. Its low mass element offers excellent transient response.
Features of Audio- Technica AT2021
- Versatile Diaphragm microphone for a tremendous signal path.
- The polar pattern is Cardioid to enable it to do efficient work.
- 150 ohms impedance power.
- Its Frequency reaction ranges from 20 Hz – 20 kilohertz, thus providing the best sounding experience.
5. Lewitt LCT 440 Condenser Microphone
Lewitt is an Austrian mic, which is best in terms of producing unique sounds.
These microphones genuinely speak for themselves and have proved themselves to be the best option for all users. It’s a fantastic vocal mic, intended to perform well for an assortment of sound sources.
Its hearty 140 dB most extreme SPL implies that it can deal with the most intense sources you can hurl at it.
The LCT 440 PURE gives you similar very good quality segments and a similar enormous stomach condenser container innovation as our superior models, bundled in a tough, smooth, and conservative bundle.
Notwithstanding the safeguard, windshield, and leatherette sack, you get an attractive pop channel that impeccably fits the receiver plan. An expert get together to catch the core of your commotion
The LEWITT LCT 440 PURE is a huge stomach condenser receiver arranged with cutting outskirt innovation. It utilizes similar very good quality segments as the Prestige models, bundled in a rough, snazzy, and minimized case.
Catch each subtlety of your instrument or voice in any chronicle setting. The LCT 440 PURE accompanies an enemy of shake holder, an attractive pop channel, a windshield, and a defensive leatherette sack.
Features Lewitt LCT 440 Microphone
- Lewitt LCT 440 is equipped with a flexible large-diaphragm condenser.
- Performs efficient multi-tasking.
- This mic is designed with 440’s frequency levelling until around 1 kHz and the most significant boost up of 5 dB at 13.2 kHz.
- Lewitt LCD 440 has a cardioid polar pattern that enhances its performance.
- 150 to 200 ohms impedance
- Lewitt brand is reliable, durable, and the best in terms of producing quality sound.
6. AKG C214 Microphone
The AKG C214 huge stomach receiver is a superior condenser mouthpiece intended for numerous chronicle applications. The AKG C214 offers a moderate option in contrast to the superior C414 family.
The amplifier utilizes a top-of-the-line one-inch case with worked in suspension for ideal sound execution.
The subsequent sound is incredible with normal tones, catching each subtlety of your noise in an extraordinary aspect. The adaptable plan is appropriate for versatile vocal exhibitions to catch drums and electric guitars’ overhead.
Joining the twofold container structure and practice backplate advance, the C214 accomplishes sound execution equal to that of the eminent C414 XLII.
AKG C214 is an ideal tool to record acoustic arrangements, and it is resplendently detailed for its value.
Reasonable option in contrast to AKG’s C414XLII recording receiver perfect for clear leading vocals and fundamental instruments. Brilliant powerful reach – Up to 156 dB SPL 20 dB switchable lessening cushion and low profile switch Integrated case suspension – Reduction mechanical clamour.
Robust metal body dents and scratches. You can get this fantastic mic for under $500 and enjoy the best sounding experience because it comes with combining all the best features. Like,
Features of AKG C214 Microphone
- AKG C214 is an excellent Diaphragm Condenser Microphone that allows its clear-cut voice.
- This mic has a Cardioid microphone and impedance of 200 ohms.
- The frequency range of AKG is 20 Hz- 20 kHz I C214 mic.
- Can handle a remarkable 156 dB SPF input signal.
- Included suspension to reduce involuntary sound.
7. AKG Perception 420 Microphone
One other best mic that can lure the audience’s hearts through its quality sound is AKG 420 mic. AKGs mics are excellent in design and come at a low price. It offers us a
neutral sound, and it will be used on different occasions like seminars, speeches, debates, marriages, TV shows, etc. You can buy AKG 420 Mics for under $500 at a very reasonable price.
AKG brand has a big name in the world of microphones. It is because of their efficient work, charming voice, and snappy designs. However, the AKG mic punches, and it deserves to be awarded a top-budget condenser microphone. It also proves itself to be a fabulous option for home recording musicians.
Although it is stumpy in cost, still the P420 is designed under the wary watch of AKG. It is just because they have a reputation to which they have to add here.
The AKG Perception 420 is a studio condenser amplifier that highlights an amazing AKG sound class and a two-component plan that obliges cardioid, omnidirectional, and 8-formed examples.
The Perception 420 highlights a shockproof metal lodging, and It is furnished with a – 20dB cushion switch and a low profile channel switch, which encourages the end of undesirable little frequencies. The AKG Perception 420 mic is another expansion to the celebrated AKG Perception line.
Features of AKG 420 Microphone
- This snappy mic has an Omni-Directional dynamic microphone condenser.
- Figure-8 Cardioid Polar Pattern to capture high-end detail without fragility.
- Has 20 – 20 kHz is the frequency response range, which is quite enough to produce a quality sound.
- Low noise electronics for high dynamic range.
- Its Offers high sensitivity and a maximum SPL of 155dB
8. Shure SM81 – LC Microphone
With superior accuracy and precision, the SM81 – LC has proved to be the best option in many professional studios. It comes with a guarantee to deliver reliability to all your musical instruments. It is an ideal instrument microphone for gleaming reproduction.
Any list listing the top best vocal microphones will not be complete if it forgets to include a Shure SM81. The Shure SM81 – LC is a standard brand, and it will be for a lot of years.
SM81 – LC is an appreciated possession that can win the hearts of the audience by producing quality sound up to listeners’ expectations.
It is colourless along with the band, making it ideal for capturing all audio instruments with meticulous exactness.
The Shure SM81 is a top-of-the-line unidirectional condenser amplifier proposed for studio recording, transmissions, and commotion fortifying.
Its extensive recurrence reaction, low commotion attributes, and low RF affectability have made it a norm for applications including acoustic instruments, particularly guitar, piano, and cymbals.
This mouthpiece requires ghost force and works best with a 48V DC source (IEC-61938). Notwithstanding, it will work with marginally lower headroom and affectability with power supplies as low as 11 VDC. Most current blenders give apparition power.
It might be ideal on the off chance that you utilized a fair mouthpiece lead: XLR to XLR or XLR to TRS.
Features of SM81 – LC Microphone
- Shure SM81 mic has a small diaphragm condenser that provides maximum rejection.
- HasCardioid Polar Pattern.
- Designed to be slim and sleek and accessible to the location in tricky spaces.
- Its frequency response is as smooth and flat as a pancake.
- Frequency response ranges from20 – 20 kHz, thus producing a vibrant sound.
- This microphone requires ghost power and works finest with a 48V DC source.
- The SM81 has a sturdy construction.
- Works in a broad range of temperatures and damp conditions.
9. Antlion Audio Mod Microphone
Antlion Audio Mod Mic is probably one of the finest-looking microphones that are in less than the $500 price range. This mic is better known as MUSICIANS FRIEND, as it is used to give the best performance in the world of music and sounds fantastic.
The Antlion Audio ModMic features two switches. One of a very low-frequency move off and another with a – 20 dB slice to the information signal
The ModMic USB provides two microphones integrated into one device. With just the one switch to choose the unidirectional noise-cancelling cardioid capsule for noisy environments and the full omnidirectional capsule for high-quality vocal recordings
Plus, the digital mute switch is a stylish addition. You can now instantly mute your microphone with the push of a button, and a red LED lets you know when your microphone gets muted.
The sound signature is designing to capture voices perfectly, making it the perfect choice for shows, shows, or just chatting with friends. Type A execution is well-suited with most USB devices, together with Windows, Mac, Linux, and PS4.
Features of Antlion Audio Mod Microphone
- Dynamic microphone condenser that can handle multiple tasks at a time.
- This unique mic has a frequency range of 20 Hz – 20 kHz to provide its users a “modern, crystal-clear sound.
- Antlion Audio ModMic is equipped with a Cardioid Polar pattern and 50-ohm impedance.
- ModMic omnidirectional mic mode lets you refresh your stream audio.
- Quickly switches to unique noise reduction mode when doing interviews in noisy environments like a game or live broadcast outdoors.
10. Avantone CV-12 Microphone
Avantone CV-12 is another best vocal microphone of immense beauty. It comes with a warm and prosperous sound. Moreover, it can give studios and different sounding platforms the best results even at schools or college functions or at TV shows.
This mic can prove itself to be a significant mic in your collection. We can say that Avantone CV-12 is designed with all the best features to fulfil the user’s demand.
This mic’s price is under $500, and the Avantone CV-12 is genuinely matchless with this price range.
The Avantone “Cabernet (C Series)” are high-end microphones designed to deliver proper professional performance. They will meet or exceed the performance and specifications of some much more expensive microphones.
The Avantone CV-12 is truly a microphone with a magnificent look and sound. Design, character, and performance are comparable to the best vintage tube microphones of the 1950s and 1960s, but at a fraction of the cost.
The CV-12 mouthpiece body and case are accurately created from metal. Stylishly, it includes a rich Cabernet Vin Rouge finish, emphasized with cleaned nickel trim and grille. Any studio can gladly offer the CV-12 as its essential vocal receiver. It radiates both visual and hear-able classes.
It is made from the best materials, which give a considerable vibe, astounding auxiliary trustworthiness, and tough dependability. The versatile CV-12 microphone is capable of producing professional results with a warm and pleasant sound character.
The included Custom Retro Shockmount is fantastic for permitting an exact situation of the mouthpiece while preventing unwanted vibrations to the microphone. This remoteness allows for more significant specialized results.
Features of Avantone CV-12 Microphone
- Encompasses a large capsule tube condenser microphone.
- The Frequency response of Avantone CV-12 ranges from 25 – 20 kHz.
- CV-12 has a healthy frequency, which makes it capture a rich mid-range and splendid highs.
- Avantone CV-12 meets or exceeds the performance and specifications of some much more expensive microphones.
- The Avantone CV-12 is truly a microphone with a magnificent look and sound.
- The design, nature, and performance are equivalent to some of the top vintage tube microphones.
It’s a shared conviction that valuable microphones are required to attain a professional sound. While buying the right vocal mic, you must consider the following key points:
Key Points for the selection of Quality Mics under $500
- Best condenser microphones to give a clean recording.
- Good frequency response to produce quality and vibrant sound.
- Dynamic microphones to handle any task
- Ribbon microphones to add a classic vibe to our recordings.
- Right frequency and impedance of mics to provide you clear crystal sound
Because of this, I’ve combined a list of the top 10 best vocal mics, which are not only best in performance but also under $500. You can now get them at a reasonable price.
Let’s begin illuminating them one by one.
Types of Microphones for Recording Vocals
- Tube condenser microphones
- FET (Solid State) condenser microphones
- Dynamic microphones
Tube condenser microphones
Most of the finest and most adored singing microphones of all time (and microphones in general) are condenser tubes. Tube microphones often have a warm and present character that adds weight and life to vocals. Presence and wheezing ranges are generally smooth, which helps tremendously with vocal clarity and intelligibility.
Tube microphones tend to be “darker” than their solid-state counterparts. Its high-end attenuation greatly benefits vocals, especially when recording digital audio.
Digital audio is clean and crisp but also quite sterile, brilliant, and even harsh. Tube microphones help alleviate this problem.
FET condenser microphones and voice recording
Large-diaphragm FET (solid-state) condenser microphones are standard for recording vocals in studio settings. If you are looking for transparency, a high-end solid-state capacitor is probably your best option.
While these pickups have their character, they generally exhibit greater precision at the expense of warmth and colour.
FET capacitors are usually less expensive than their tube counterparts. The main disadvantage of FET capacitors is that they can produce too bright/harsh a voice signal.
Dynamic microphones and voice recording
Dynamic microphones (moving coil and ribbon) are less impressive than condensers on paper but are still excellent for picking up certain types of voices. The relatively dark colour of dynamic microphones benefits some harsher vocal styles and some more offensive musical genres.
The dynamics of the voice coils often offer increases in presence, which enhance the intelligibility of speech.
It compensates for their typical high and low attenuation, which can also benefit from noise reduction in the speech signal.
Ribbon microphones aren’t typically used in studios to record vocals, but they offer natural-sounding high-end cutouts and great sonic colour pop in lyrics.
The dynamics of the voice coils often offer increases in presence, which enhance the intelligibility of speech.
It compensates for their typical high and low attenuation, which can also benefit from noise reduction in the speech signal. Ribbon microphones aren’t typically used in studios to record vocals, but they offer natural-sounding high-end cutouts and great sonic colour pop in lyrics.
I am hopeful that this article has thrown some light on the search for the model microphone. If you’re seeking quality vocal microphones under $500, the mics, as mentioned above, are best to use and come with a complete package.
It will propose results equivalent to some of the deluxe in an industry that costs a lot more for picking the best studio microphones, you need to consider the above-enlisted mics. They come with the best combination of a feature. Also, they are durable, reliable, and guaranteed.
These mics are enough to give the best results in producing a crystal clear sound, and they can be used anywhere to fulfil the demands of a good sound system.
If you ask for my recommendation, I have three choices
1- Shure SM7B Microphone
2- Rode NT1-A Microphone
3- Shure SM58 Microphone
Possibly, the above mics are the most well-known powerful stage mouthpieces ever. Regardless of tough, street-prepared plans, the Shure SM58 is the best bedget choice.
You can utilize them for different purposes in reality. An underlying metal pop channel implies less cost on a limited spending plan, and you can rely on it to continue working after a generous drop of 100.